Saturday, July 19, 2008

WE'RE IN CHINA!!!!

Well, Mother and I made it to China. The Northwest World Business Class is AWESOME!! People... start saving your frequent flyer miles!! It is definitly worth it! So...In Tokyo when we changed planes, they confiscated all of our bottled water. Ughhh. We had no Japanese money...but I found some little place, Tatsu that would take USD so I could buy a miniature perrier for $4.00. Also there is a Mickie D's in the Tokyo airport that supposedly would take credit cards but I just could stand in that long line. Then when I gate checked one of the sit n strolls in Tokyo, they didn't bring it back up to me at the jetway in GZ... after waiting and waiting and asking and begging. So it came out with the luggage fortunately. Then we pushed our great big overloaded luggage carts through customs after loading them, unloading them, scanning them and re-loading them. Fun, Fun! Then we proceeded out into the GZ airport where someone was suppose to meet us and take us to the Novotel Hotel. Uhhhh... they weren't there. So.... I saw a sign pointing the way to the Novotel hotel and follow those down these extremely long and dark hallways under the GZ airport. (BTW it is like midinght at this point.) It led us out the back of the airport into a garden area with a long slope up to the hotel which took us into the back of the hotel with no elevator to put our luggage. So some bellhop carried it up to the mezzanine and put it on the elevator to take it down to the lobby. And this is where we found they didn't have any reservations under our name. So... after many discussions of yes we have a reservation, they finally determined it was under a travel agents name. Phew! And then..... my Panda phone(Chinese cell phone rental) had not arrived. UGHHHH!!! Well, after many unsuccessful discussions I just let it slide until this morning when I raised some Alabama hell. Oh... our guide has just shown up. Must go see GZ now. BTW.. We are already laughing about the mishaps. Oh and if you try to call us at the Novotel, you have to give them our room #.
PS. JUST HEARD FROM OUR LOCAL GUIDE IN NANNING AND SHE HAS SEEN THE BABIES!! THE ONLY QUESTION I COULD THINK TO ASK WAS IF THEIR HEADS WERE SHAVED. AND... THEY ARE NOT. THEY HAVE HAIR. LOL. OH LORDIE... HOW VAIN, AM I???

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yahoo!!! I'm so excited you guys are finally there! All those little 'mishaps' are just little adventures to prepare you for the many adventures your girls will lead you on...hahaha!! I can't wait to follow your journey to your precious babies!! Hugs, stacy
(NCA mama)

chad-roscoe said...

Not vain. You just don't want to get stubble burn on your chin.
:)
Tomorrow is the day????
Exciting!
Has Mok made it? How about Momma Mok?
xx~
Di

Anonymous said...

Whoo Hoo!! It is exciting to be on your way to your daughters. I can't wait to follow your journey. No, your not vain, because if you are I am too. The first words I uttered when I saw my daughter for the first time is OMG she still has hair!!

Becky
mom to 4 wonderful boys and a China princess!
www.babygirlbennett.blogspot.com